Strengthen the Capacity of the National Designated Authority of the Solomon Islands to engage with the Green Climate Fund
The Solomon Islands’ Ministry of Environment, Climate Change, Disaster Management and Meteorology (MECDM) and the Secretariat for the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP) as the delivery partner, are collaborating to implement the “Strengthening the NDA capacity and Strategic Engagement of Solomon Islands with the Green Climate Fund” Readiness and Preparatory Support project. This readiness project focuses on strengthening the Solomon Islands’ capacity to access climate finance and tackle the impacts of climate change through five core GCF Readiness outcomes.
- Outcome 1: Country capacity strengthened
- Outcome 2: Stakeholders engaged in consultative processes
- Outcome 3: Direct Access Realized
- Outcome 4: Finance accessed
- Outcome 5: Private Sector Mobilized
More specifically this Readiness Preparatory and Support Project for the Solomon Islands targets the following areas:
- Strengthening Country Capacity through the National Delegated Authority’s (NDA) and focal points to ensure roles and responsibilities to the GCF and to stakeholders are operational and effective.
- Strengthening Stakeholders engagement in consultative processes for country programming and climate finance activities.
- Strengthening strategies for a national entity to gain direct access accreditation with the GCF.
- Development of projects for preparation of concept notes and proposals for submission to the GCF.
- Commence mobilization of the Solomon Islands’ Private Sector to engage in climate finance activities