Are you interested in working in the sector of sustainable development? We are now recruiting a Business Development Manager. This is a great opportunity to join our team’s efforts working towards sustainable future of the communities and environment in the Asia and the Pacific.
FCG is a consulting company with over 50 years’ experience in international development. From our office in Auckland, New Zealand, we deliver sustainable and inclusive development projects in the Pacific and Asia. We promote sustainable development and better quality of life through projects in agriculture, renewable energy, climate resilient infrastructure, water resources, coastal and marine environment and disaster resilience. FCG New Zealand’s clients include Asian Development Bank (ADB), World Bank (WB), Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of New Zealand (MFAT), Pacific Community (SPC), Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP) as well as the governments of developing countries.
Globally, FCG works across Europe, Africa and Asia designing functional living environments and promoting good governance and effective skills development through its network of offices in Finland, Sweden, Germany, Bulgaria, Kenya and Singapore. For further information about FCG’s global operations, please visit our website at www.fcg.fi/en.
FCG New Zealand team works across the areas of business development, project management and consulting. As Business Development Manager you will contributing to the growth of the company’s project portfolio by applying your skills in business development, and gradually developing your skills in project management and consulting:
- Business development. You will acquire new projects through competitive bidding processes of our clients. You will identify and position the company for business opportunities, build partnerships, and prepare expression of interests and proposals. You will be matching the right expertise with client requirements, preparing budgets and preparing the bidding documents, as well as consolidating experts’ inputs for the proposal methodology.
- Project Management. You will support the successful delivery of FCG’s projects, guiding the team of specialists and ensuring that the projects are implemented in line with company values and strategy, with high quality outputs, and in compliance with the client contracts and regulations. You will manage projects of progressively increasing complexity, building and maintain professional relations with clients, ensuring the delivery of services up to and above client expectations.
- Consulting. You will support the teams of experts in diverse fields, while building your own expertise towards specialist roles in your own competence area.
The emphasis between these areas of work will evolve based on demand from the clients and your own interests and strengths. Your existing expertise will also influence how FCG New Zealand will develop its portfolio of projects.
We encourage people with a broad range of experience, diverse backgrounds and passion for sustainable development to apply. We welcome applications from recent graduates as well as more experience professionals, with duties tailored to your level of experience. A successful candidate is likely to have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to FCG’s projects
- Experience of working with MFAT, international financing institutions, bilateral donors, NGOs or consulting companies.
- Experience of living and working in the Pacific islands, or other personal connection with Pacific cultures.
The role will require skills, abilities, and experience to use independent judgment in the performance of duties. You will need to be comfortable with eventually travelling in developing countries and representing the company with clients and project stakeholders. You will also need good language skills in English and capability to produce and edit professional text in a range of areas.
The working environment is open, demanding, and mutually supportive. Personal initiative is encouraged, high standards demanded, and individual contributions recognized. In a strong team culture where we enjoy having a laugh and working hard at the same time, we also offer flexible working arrangements, on the job training and ongoing development; opportunity to engage with and get support from a hands-on and approachable management that recognizes and values team members; and career development within the FCG Group. You will be working at our modern and sociable office space at Smales Farm, Auckland, with an option for remote work as agreed.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 17 January 2022.
Notice to overseas applicants: New Zealand border is currently closed to almost all travelers due to COVID-19. If you are applying from overseas, please clearly state on what grounds you expect to be granted access to enter New Zealand under the prevailing rules as stated in https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19 . We are not be able to provide any advice or support for visas or border exceptions.
If you are interested in immigrating to New Zealand to work with us, we encourage you to monitor our website for job opportunities to be announced at a later stage.