FCG New Zealand
FCG New Zealand (FCG ANZDEC Ltd) is an International Development business with over 50 years’ experience operating across Asia and the Pacific. We bring together experienced consultants to projects with the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, UNDP, MFAT, SPC, SPREP and government ministries of developing countries. Currently we project manage projects across sectors such as agriculture, rural development, coastal adaptation and protection, food security, disaster risk management, climate change, energy and monitoring and evaluation.
We work to create positive impact in countries of need, using our international networks to deliver successful, measurable outcomes in developing regions. Currently, we are undertaking Coastal Protection works in India, Monitoring and Evaluation projects in Vanuatu and Micronesia, a Livestock project in the Mekong, Energy projects in Africa, Laos and Kiribati, amongst other exciting and relevant projects in Asia and the Pacific.
The Intern, International Development will be responsible for supporting tendering and sales processes carried out by the Managing Director, Business Development Manager and Project Managers. They will ensure tenders meet specifications published by donor organisations including World Bank, Asian Development Bank, MFAT and other international aid organisations adding to our success winning new projects. Additionally, the Intern will assist in identifying opportunities of interest for the business and understanding new areas or sectors of growth, this may be by undertaking research, collecting data or assessing opportunities and gaps.
|Teamwork||· Ability to work across teams both internally and externally, and across different offices to achieve shared outcomes.|
|High quality communication||· Ability to communicate in both verbal and written forms and produce high quality well formatted documents using Microsoft Office technologies to deadlines.
· Ability to prepare convincing, robust documents, presentations, reports and tenders to wide audiences.
|Relationship management||· Support the ongoing reputation of FCG amongst consultants internationally by providing measured and considerate communications with members of our network.|
|Business development||· Supporting business development processes including creating tender documents, contacting consultants, finding new projects and writing concept notes.
· Contribute to the growth of the business by identifying new opportunities or sectors of interest.
- Degree (Undergraduate or Postgraduate) in International Development, Sustainability, Politics, Commerce, Business Analysis, Finance or Economics or a related field.
- Passionate about a career in the International Development sector.
- Strong motivation and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work well with people from all backgrounds.
Desirable (but not essential):
- Sales, business development or consulting experience (perhaps in work experience or another internship).
- Ability to produce high quality documents in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of tendering processes, proposal writing, preparing quotes and convincing business writing skills.
The intern will work at the FCG office at B:HIVE, Smales Farm, Takapuna. Vaccine pass is required to enter the building.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and Cover Letter explaining your experience relevant to the position.
Applications received after the deadline of 30th December 5pm NZST will not be considered.
**Please note, this is an unpaid internship with daily travel expenses paid for. Upon completion there may be an opportunity to extend into a full-time paid position**